HippieStitch is my creative outlet....where I post about the things I've made, usually but not limited to crochet or knitting....where the psychedelic and groovy things in my mind taken shape through yarn and stitches....welcome and lots of love :)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Zentangle!

In my life, SwapBot has a lot to answer for - in a very good way (mostly). Despite the thieves and dishonest people who operate there, 'swaplifting' and in one case I came across, persistently lying and saying that swaps never arrived when they did (and I still want my stuff back, and I still haven't forgotten you did that to me, should you ever read this...) I have actually met some of the most important people in my life. And I also discovered crafts I never knew existed and better yet - that I actually turned out to be fairly good at!


This post is about just one of those previously-unknown crafts - Zentangle. If you are like I was, and you've never heard of Zentangle, here is a definition from the Zentangle.com website:


"Our Zentangle method is a way of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is fun and relaxing. Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being. The Zentangle method is enjoyed all over this world across a wide range of skills, interests and ages."


I gave tangling a go, and I immediately loved it. It is very soothing, relaxing, and exciting, you never know what you are going to produce until the end; it's a surprise all the way through. And for someone like me who is totally not artistic, the fact that there are loads of tangle designs with clear instructions to follow is a great help - look here if you're interested, or check out Amazon for the great Zentangle books that are available.

So here are some pictures of Zentangles I have produced :)







Have a go at tangling - you'll never look back :)

Blessed Be! )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment