HippieStitch is my creative outlet....where I post about the things I've made, usually but not limited to crochet or knitting....where the psychedelic and groovy things in my mind taken shape through yarn and stitches....welcome and lots of love :)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Voodudes and Voodettes

I've been brushing up on my knitting skills today. I love crochet above all other yarn related crafts, but I just fancied a bit of knitting. Only some swatches so far practising different techniques but perhaps I'll tackle some simple patterns sometime soon.


So here is another post with some pictures of things I've crocheted. One thing I love crocheting and decorating in a totally off the cuff way, is Voodoo Dolls. All made with good intent and positive energy, of course ;) Below are some pictures of Voodoo Dolls I've made and sold or gifted. I call the male ones Voodudes and the female ones Voodettes :)



'Banish the Junk' Voodude - decorated with old dolls clothes and crocheted from scrap yarn.


'I Love You' Voodette.



'Banish the Flaker' Voodude, for a Swap-Bot swap.


Happy Birthday Voodette for my little daughter, Lila!


Voodude. No theme.


Witch Voodette.


Good Luck Voodette.


Goth styled Voodette for my 'niece' :)

I love making these and decorating them! They are so much fun and I love just decorating them in whichever way appeals to me at the time. They all get their own personalities :)

Blessed Be! )O(

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE these! The Goth doll is fantastic!
    They vary so much....I love seeing variations of the same pattern, it shows real imagination & creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete