HippieStitch is my creative outlet....where I post about the things I've made, usually but not limited to crochet or knitting....where the psychedelic and groovy things in my mind taken shape through yarn and stitches....welcome and lots of love :)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crocheted Green Man

This one was inspired by this photo, isn't he cute?! As those of you who know me may know, I am not much good with painting or drawing but give me a crochet hook and some yarn and I am a happy bunny. So for a 'Welcome to the Holly King' swap, I wanted to crochet a Green Man. I may make some tiny felted holly berries and add them, but here is my crocheted Green Man:


Not bad for a first attempt, and I was completely winging it :) He is made from different shades of green leaves sewn to a circular brown background, pretty much all in triples and multiples thereof (UK crochet terms). Two buttons for eyes. I think I will make another with a few tweaks here and there, perhaps varying the size of the leaves, the placement less symmetrical, etc etc. Oh I added a loop at the top so he can be hung up, too :) He is for my syster Twilight.


Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment