HippieStitch is my creative outlet....where I post about the things I've made, usually but not limited to crochet or knitting....where the psychedelic and groovy things in my mind taken shape through yarn and stitches....welcome and lots of love :)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why are we here?

Welcome to my little corner of Blogger :) I have been crafting and posting pictures on FB for a long time now but I kind of felt like blogging about it so.....I am going to upload pics of things I have made, crocheting or otherwise, and some babble about why and how, etc :) Some other chatter might creep in there too, who knows. 


So I write my first post this morning with my small son on the couch under his Ben 10 duvet...recovering from a tummy bug that has chewed up and spat out everyone in the household except the cats (Bellatrix Le Strange and Bagpuss) and the frogs (Frogster and Frogster. We can't tell them apart.) Things are slowly getting back to normal. Well, however normal they get round here, anyway.


I have quite a backlog of things I've made....and I will gradually get them all uploaded here from FB I hope. But I'll start today with something I made yesterday. Fairly bad pics but I was unable to do any better, sorry :)) So without further ado, I present to you......*fanfare*........water element themed Dotee Doll!!










She is for my beautiful syster, Dee. I made her with a blue fabric, decided to give her a mermaid's tail and gave her sparkly blue hair and some lovely blue beads. Her face is made of air-drying Fimo which I moulded - in a mould, not by hand :) Then I gave her a blue ribbon hanger and a wire tail with seed beads, a flower bead and a silver 'water' charm. Although sewing is not a strong point of mine, I think she is quite cute and I hope Dee loves her :) I considered giving her sequin scales but decided to go for simplicity, however I might have a go at that in the not so distant future :)


Blessed be )O(

2 comments:

  1. lovelovelove :D
    she's absolutely beautiful :D
    and squeeee, I'm your first follower LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm so glad you like her, and you win £1000 for being my first follower!! (Not really. But I love you anyway :) )

      Delete