HippieStitch is my creative outlet....where I post about the things I've made, usually but not limited to crochet or knitting....where the psychedelic and groovy things in my mind taken shape through yarn and stitches....welcome and lots of love :)

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Shoo Fly!

So me and my systers are doing a Secret Syster monthly swap, co-ordinated by the lovely Sabbles. My recipient for February is my gorgeous syster Sarah. I trawled her Swap-Bot profile for some ideas of what she might like, and I noticed she said she would love a crocheted Venus fly trap! Not one to balk at a challenge, I had a look for patterns but was not willing to pay for one so I decided to make up my own. Here below I present.....the finished article! I used pipe cleaners inside the stems so they are poseable, and popped them inside a plastic flowerpot. I think they turned out pretty cute :)





I hope she loves it! Blessed Be )O(


3 comments:

  1. OMG this is freaking amazing AND perfect for Sarah! :D She'll be feeding this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! As long as she doesn't get confused and put it in the freezer ;) <3

      Delete
  2. Haha, I know she is going to love it so much! You have to make some more of those - I bet they would sell well.xxx

    ReplyDelete